With nearly three decades of catering experience, here are some of the reasons you can trust Sydney Functions Catering to successfully manage the catering for your event or function –
Gold Licence Caterer
It is important to realise that a large number of caterers currently operating do not comply with legislative standards. It is crucial that you use a caterer with confidence, knowing they comply with food hygiene laws and are trained in safe food handling. For your safety and well-being Sydney Functions Catering offers you a GOLD LICENCE CATERING SERVICE.
What is involved in being a Gold Licence Caterer?
A GOLD LICENCE CATERER has met minimum standards and complies with legislation that is fundamental to a catering business.
Whatever the reason, if you are hiring a caterer there are a few important questions to ask.
A GOLD LICENCE CATERER has been checked with regularity to have the following by an independent Gold Licence Accreditation Board.
- – for preparation of food, adequate refrigeration, appropriate facilities for the transportation of food and the handling of food on-site.
Up to date and relevant insurances and Licences.
- – the caterer must have at least five years experience within the hospitality industry, in food preparation, catering management or who has a trade qualification in cooking.
The caterer has Safe Food Handling training program in place.
The caterer has Mandatory Responsible Service of Alcohol certification.
The caterer has a charted Food safety plan.Moreover the above is the very minimum in standards for the safe handling of food. Often good caterers will exceed these. But in the interest of health and safety, the very minimum is that you ascertain that your caterer has a current Gold Licence by asking for a copy of their licence.
We, at Sydney Functions Catering believe that protecting the environment is good business and that “Small steps make a mile”!
Our “Small Steps” in the workplace:
Efficient consumption and usage of energy
Reduced usage of plastics
Consume less, recycle more
Use recycled materials where possible
Use environmentally friendly cleaning agents
Have a set waste management plan
Work with like-minded suppliers and influence a change in customer habits
Conduct regular eco-reviews of our participation
Our “Small Steps” at events:
Offering and encouraging eco-friendly alternatives to our customers
Using recyclable materials
Using biodegradable materials
Using recycled materials
Encouraging and assisting recycling at venue sites
Supporting charitable groups with leftover food and reducing wastage. We are proud supporters of OzHarvest
We feel happier to be playing a part. We invite you to make suggestions to help us improve our efforts. Please, can you, as our customer or supplier, also work with us to reduce human impact on our fragile environment? After all, small steps do make a mile!
Note: Whereas the usage of real crockery and cutlery is a preferred option from an environmental point of view, it is not always the most practical solution. Using disposables is therefore the alternative. We offer a choice of more enviro-friendly recyclable, biodegradable dinnerware which, when managed correctly, is a sensible alternative. Ask us and our staff will be happy to assist in every way possible.
Sydney Functions Catering offers a FIVE STAR Guarantee –
- We provide delicious wholesome foods which are bound to delight your guests. As a Gold Licence Caterer, food safety, staff safety and customer safety is our priority.
- Our guests never go hungry. We provide sufficient food for a generous first serve and also for some seconds.
On-site Service Guarantee
- For staff catered events, we provide qualified, professional and friendly staff to make your event stress-free and thoroughly enjoyable.
- When selecting a “Drop Off” service, rest assured that the food will arrive on time. We plan the delivery to allow us a 15 minute leeway either end to have a buffer for any traffic/other delays.
- From the first point of contact, whether by phone or by email, you will receive a professional and friendly service with no request being too difficult.
Some wonderful comments from past customers can be found on our Facebook page
“Could you please pass on our sincere thanks to everyone at Sydney Functions Catering.You have been amazingly helpful given the short time period we had to finalise most of the things.I wish you all the best and looking forward to working with you in the future.”
~ Ahmet on behalf of Unison Intercultural Association.
“Thank-you for all the time and effort you and your team at SFC spent organising and preparing for our Family Fun Day – the food was fantastic! Although the weather wasn’t the best, we had an enjoyable time.” ~ Abhi
“Thank you for contacting us. We did have a very nice night, the food was very enjoyable and hot! Many guests commented on the beautiful dinner. As on previous occasions the service was very helpful, delivery prompt and your patience appreciated!”
~ Kathy and Glen Grigg
“Just to let you know that the lunch was again delicious and that I received many compliments from staff members commenting particularly on the delicious salads. It is a welcome break on our Staff Development days to have a lovely lunch, so thank you very much for once again providing us with tasty and healthy lunch.”
Adequate Cover for Customer and Staff Protection
20M Public Liability Insurance (Certificate of currency can be provided on request)
Worker’s Compensation Insurance (Certificate of currency can be provided on request)
Other Accreditations and Affiliations:
- Member of FCA Australia
- Member of Restaurant & Catering NSW
Our Commitment to Safety and Excellence to Customers
- We can provide a Safe Work Practice Statement (SWPS) upon request.
- Long Track Record of Satisfied Clients: Read their
- from our corporate and private customers, or,
- Food freshly prepared within strict HACCP and NSW Food Safety Guidelines
- Strong focus on customer service from start- to- follow up for your comments on our food and service
Our ability to cater to large numbers at short notice
We can cater for numbers in the thousands – at even short notice.
Free, no-obligation site inspection when required & quick turnaround quotes.
Great Value: Monthly Specials, Free Upgrades & Repeat Customer Loyalty Program
Call Now 1300 734 561 or Contact Us for a Free Quote